Wednesday, December 18, 2013

No more Selfie's

Stop the Selfie Madness

Photo by Kris V
Column by Adrianne B


#Selfie. It's everywhere. It's on Instagram, twitter, all those social media websites. Everyone does it, but nobody knows where it came from. It could have come from a crazy dude in a Santa hat lip-synching to Katy Perry, we don't know! And you, reading this, don't tell me you never took a selfie before! We all know you have. Tell me you have NEVER walked somewhere, saw your reflection, and checked yourself out than took a selfie? That’s what I thought. I bet you just scrolled through all your photos which consisted of… hmmm… I don’t know a million selfies? Now I’m not saying selfies are terrible, it’s just you can’t take them every three minutes!  You could be in New Zealand for all I know. So, let’s get to the point here. Do. Not. Take. Too. Many. Selfies.
Did you notice how I paused after each word there? Pretty cool huh? Yeah? No? Okay. So instead of selfies, do something else like: go roller-skating in the Grand Canyon, ride a Llama into the sunset, bathe in a tub full of oranges. Wait, don’t do the last one, it’s illegal. Anyways I hope I either made you laugh or realize how many selfies you take. Goodbye child. Wait that sounds creepy, I’ll just go for now. Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment