Monday, October 15, 2012

Online Friend vs. School Friend


“Friends” for youth today have multiple meanings. There are the traditional friends that one makes at school and there are virtual friends that only meet online on websites like Facebook, Instagram or Playstation 3.

How are online friends different from school friends?
F: Online and school friends, they’re the same. 
N: You can communicate with online friends all the time even though they aren’t physically around.
E: I can trust a school friend, and even better, play basketball with them.

How many friends do you have on Facebook or Instagram?
F: 252 total friends - 152 online, 100 school
N: 503 total friends - 9 online, 494 school
E: 203 total friends - 103 online, 100 school
Go school friends!  :D

Which do you prefer?
F: School friends are better because I can play basketball with them.
N: I like school friends because I can see their expressions.
E: I like having my friends online so I can chat with them and play games with them outside of school.

Have you ever deleted a friend?
N: Yes, I have deleted a friend because they were being annoying.

Has anyone ever deleted you as a friend?
E: No, because they respect me the way I respect them. 

~ E, F, & N

No comments:

Post a Comment